Have a question about taking a Criteria assessment? View our FAQs below:
How do I start my assessments?
Check out this quick video that walks you through getting started with your assessment.
How do I return to the assessment centre to continue or reload an event?
If you have exited the assessment centre or need to return to your assessment, open a new browser tab and navigate to au.ondemandassessment.com to enter your Event ID and continue with your assessment.
Loading errors most often occur as a result of two things:
- The use of an outdated browser (i.e. Internet Explorer 6 when Internet Explorer is currently beyond the 11th version).
- Internet connection issues.
Why do advertisements appear above or in lieu of the assessment pop-up window when I try to take an assessment?
This will only occur if you previously had malware or a virus on your device. The best/immediate solution is to use a different device to access the assessment site (au.ondemandassessment.com). Enter your Event ID to try begin your assessment.
I keep looping back to the beginning of practice tests for a simulation in my assessment... how can I move forward?
This happens when the practice simulation is not completed in the allotted time. Keys must be pressed quickly to demonstrate an understanding of that component of the task before you can move forward. If you have additional questions, you can contact Criteria Support on the bottom right hand corner of au.ondemandassessment.com
I have a, "You cannot restart this event again" message. What should I do?
You will need to contact Criteria Support on the bottom right hand corner of au.ondemandassessment.com
I'm having problems uploading my resume. What file types does the system accept?
The system will accept resume files in the form of .doc, .docx, .rtf, and .pdf.
What do I do if I receive an, "Error submitting test" message?
You may be receiving this error due to either an internet interruption or browser issue. To confirm your assessment was successfully submitted, please go to au.ondemandassessment.com and copy/paste the Event ID that you were provided with at the beginning of the assessment.
You will be able to press the final submit button or resume the assessment from where you left off.
Can I have an extension on my expired assessment link?
If an expiration date was provided in your invitation and you were unable to complete the assessments by that date, you must reach out directly to the company for which you are completing the assessments for an extension. The Criteria Support Team is unable to grant extensions on behalf of any company administering tests.
What happens after I complete my event?
Your results are emailed directly to the company for which you applied. The Criteria Support Team does not have access to your results.
Every company has a different application/hiring process. All enquiries regarding the status of your candidacy must be sent directly to the company for which you completed the assessments. The Criteria Support Team will be unable to provide any status updates.
What are the platform/technical requirements needed to complete the assessments?
For an optimal experience, we recommend using:
Where can I find my Event ID?
Your Event ID is an 11-digit code, in the format of XXX-###-XXXX or a 16-digit code, in the format of XXX-****-****-*****, that is given in several places depending on your specific circumstance:
- After you click the assessment centre link that a potential employer gave you or that you found online, your Event ID is displayed when you start the application after confirming your name and email. You also had the option to email the Event ID to yourself while on this screen.
- If you received an assessment invite email from Do-Not-Reply@criteriacorp.com, your Event ID is located beneath the Testing Centre URL at the bottom of the email.
If you did not keep a record of this Event ID please contact support in the bottom right hand corner of au.ondemandassessment.com.
I am not able to submit my completed application. What should I do?
Be sure to read all error messages that appear at the top of the application screen when you attempt to submit your application. These error messages will specify the fields where you need to enter the information requested by the employer. You will also want to make sure that your internet connection is stable when attempting to submit your completed application.
I recently completed assessments for another company, will I have to complete the assessments again?
Yes. If you are applying for another company, you must also complete the assessments that they are requesting. Assessment results are considered part of your confidential candidate record for that company and are only available to the specific company that administered them. Results are not shared with any other companies.
I am clicking on a link that was sent from an employer, but it gives me an error message or still asks for an Event ID. What does this mean?
- If you received an assessment invite from Do-Not-Reply@criteriacorp.com, your Event ID is located in this email beneath the Testing Centre URL. Please carefully review the email that was sent to you. You will find the Event ID, in the format of XXX-****-****-*****.
- If the employer provided a link, please go back and copy the entire link, and then paste it in the address field of your browser. This should bring you to the correct page. Make sure that the link is not accidentally separated. Link invalid errors may occur due to missing or extra characters.
Can I take these assessments on a tablet or mobile browser?
I have a disability or impairment that may affect my assessment. Should I still complete the assessment?
If you have concerns that a disability or impairment may impact your assessment, we recommend advising the recruiter or hiring manager of your situation before completing the assessment. This will help the recruiter to accommodate your needs for the rest of the recruitment process. Criteria can work with companies to apply a suitable accommodation for the assessments you've been assigned.
If you have concerns about disclosing information regarding your needs to the recruiting organisation, our candidate support team can assist you by liaising with the recruiter on your behalf. In that case, please provide the following information to help us better understand how your disability may affect your assessment experience:
- The name of condition, disability, impairment, illness, or personal situation (if applicable)
- A description of how your condition, disability, impairment, illness, or personal situation will impact your ability to complete the assessments
- Medical certification to confirm your condition and how this may impact your ability to complete the assessment
- Documentation to confirm appropriate time adjustments to be applied to assessments (if applicable)
- Whether you permit us to discuss the details of your situation with the employing organisation on your behalf. If you have multiple applications pending, please let us know how many are impacted and the names of the organisations.
- The best phone number to contact you
Email this information to our candidate support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we receive the above information along with your consent to discuss your circumstances, our psychology team will be in contact with the recruiter to discuss your application.
Can I practice for the assessments?
The simple answer for most assessments is no, not really. While some companies might try to get you to pay money to complete practice assessments, the reality is that most tests are the kind of test you can practice for. There are generally few different assessment types you could be invited to complete: ability tests, personality tests, and skills tests. To learn more about each kind of test, check out our About the Assessments page.